Blogs > Hamilton in focus

Covering Hamilton and Robbinsville townships in-depth for The Trentonian. I can be reached at (609) 989-7800 ext. 207 or (609) 468-6962. Email me at mmacagnone@trentonian.com or follow me @awisefool.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hamilton Mayor Kelly Yaede to tie Valentine's knots

Hamilton Mayor Kelly Yaede gives out candy canes at the township's December tree lighting
Couples anxious to get hitched on Feb. 14 will have the chance for the whole thing to get done by the head honcho in Hamilton.

This morning the mayor's office announced they've reinstated the tradition of having the mayor perform wedding ceremonies for the township's couples. Specifically on the 14th they'll be done at Kuser mansion. Apparently, they let it lapse during former Mayor John Bencivengo's tenure.

"After receiving requests from residents to perform their wedding ceremonies, I decided that it was time to revive the tradition for the benefit of our community's couples. In fact, the first wedding I performed as Mayor was for one of our Township employees," she said in the press release.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about letting my boss swear me in to matrimony. Matt might try to slip in a Star Wars reference or two...

Anyway, interested couples can let them know by Feb. 1 at (609) 890-3826 to schedule an appointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home