Blogs > Hamilton in focus

Covering Hamilton and Robbinsville townships in-depth for The Trentonian. I can be reached at (609) 989-7800 ext. 207 or (609) 468-6962. Email me at mmacagnone@trentonian.com or follow me @awisefool.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Hamilton woman becomes US citizen, joins Army

From Trentonian reporter Scott Ketterer:

Hamilton woman joins Army after becoming a U.S. citizen

Trentonian photo/SCOTT KETTERER Anastasia Kryshina sits at her station inside of the Propaganda salon where she had worked as a stylist and jack-of-all-trades on Jan. 26, 2013. Kryshina leaves Monday for Basic Training at Fort Sill in Oklahoma.

HAMILTON — Anastasia Kryshina hoped her last day at the Propaganda Salon would be a quiet day.
The 23-year-old Hamilton woman is set to leave for Army basic training on Monday, but her friends at the salon had other ideas about her last day at work.
“I just wanted to leave quietly,” said Kryshina. “I just wanted to be able to say goodbye to my clients, I never expected all of this.”
Kryshina said she decided to work up until the last minute because that is the kind of person she is.
“I have to be busy,” Kryshina said. “I can’t just sit around and wait, I’ve always got to be moving.”
You can read the full story, and see the rest of Scott's photos, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home